Saturday, December 18, 2010

40 Weeks 4 Days and a BABY!!!!

A New Journey Begins...
Tom and I went to our 40 week/4 day appointment today and Riis is ready to come meet the world. She was not moving around as much as the doctor would have liked so he told us to go home, have a snack and meet him at the hospital at 7pm.

Tom and I, nervous, but excited, went home to eat, pack, and get the dogs ready.

Mema and Opa got off their airplane at 5:30pm. We picked them up on the way to Queens hospital and started our long 24 hours of labor.
On December 15, 2010 at 8:02pm Riis Elizabeth Britt joined our family.
9lbs 8 oz 21 inches long
A family is born.

Tom was the most amazing labor coach. He is the most amazing  husband and father ever. I am blessed to have him in my life. We are both blessed to have Riis in our lives.
Waiting to get a room. So excited and happy to have my mommy with me.

Getting Mema and Opa just in time.


After 24 hours I am getting ready for my c-section
Daddy cuts the cord :)

Riis is here!

Mommy and Riis meet.
Love at first sight.

Daddy spends time with Riis after her bath.

Life is great!

1 comment:

  1. I have been so excited and waiting to hear when Riis would join the world, she is beautiful I cried when I read your blog I am so excited for you and Tom and that Mema and Opa got there just in time. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete